To complete the process of exemption from the long term care tax implemented by Washington state you will need to apply for the exemption through secureaccess.wa.gov. To do so you will need to go through the following steps:
- Log into your secureaccess.wa.gov account or create a new account if one does not already exist
- Once you have logged in, you will click on “Add a New Service”, “I would like to browse a list of services by name”, then select “Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML)”
- When you have added this service, you will see it on your dashboard, click “Access Now”
- Inside of this service you will scroll to the bottom of the page and create an account under, “WA Cares Exemption”
- Creating an account will require your SSN, address, phone number, and email.
- After creating the account, you will be able to apply for an exemption
- You will enter your age, and click a few boxes to attest to some information
- You will then attach a picture of you ID to verify account
- Returning to the home screen, you’ll see that your application has been submitted
- ESD will then review your application
- One your application is approved; you’ll receive a letter from ESD. This letter needs to be presented to all current and future employers to opt-out
For a visual step by step of the process up to attaching your ID, please view the attached PDF. If you need assistance, please let us know and we can help walk you through this process.
Investment advice offered through Integrated Financial Partners, doing business as konvergent wealth partners, a registered investment advisor.
The information provided does not constitute investment advice and it should not be relied on as such. It should not be considered a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell a security. It does not take into account any investor’s particular investment objectives, strategies, tax status or investment horizon. You should consult your tax and financial advisor.